by Peggy Sweeney Founder and President
The Sweeney Alliance has been a leader in educational resources addressing the emotional needs of families and professionals since 1992.
The mission of the Sweeney Alliance, a non-profit, is to:
– Teach emergency first responders how to cope with the mental and emotional traumas of their professions.
– Provide financial assistance to first responders and their families seeking treatment for addiction, mental health concerns and physical disabilities.
– Build a legacy of financial support to meet these goals through fundraising and charitable donations.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Peggy Sweeney, Founder / President ~ mortician; bereavement educator; former volunteer firefighter and EMT-B; editor, Journeys Through Grief Newsletters [Kerrville, TX].
Peter Billera, Director ~ former Firefighter / Paramedic; Founder / Director, Firefighter Mortgages [Broomfield, CO].
Clayton Cobler, Secretary ~ Director, Metro Ambulance Service; Paramedic Instructor; Coroner / Medical Examiner [Meridian, MS].
Aubrey Futrell ~ Louisiana State Trooper (retired); former Director, Peace Officer Standards & Training for the State of Louisiana; private law enforcement consultant and trainer [Brandon, MS].
Sandra L. Jablonski, Treasurer ~ former Firefighter / Paramedic, EMT Instructor / Trainer; former Executive Director, Southern Alleghenies EMS Council [Chicago, IL].
Reverend Bill Minson, Director ~ founder, TUDAY Ministries; Red Cross / Salvation Army chaplain after 9/11; Producer / Director, Save the Brave documentary [Los Angeles, CA].
Jim Perry (posthumously) ~ Captain, Los Angeles Fire Department; Editor, Los Angeles Fire Fighter magazine.
WHAT WE DO
- publish free, online newsletters
- offer a free, online study program about grief and loss
- provide free one-on-one support to individuals coping with the death of a loved one
- provide resources for emergency responders, and their family members, struggling with post-traumatic stress and addictions
- teach in-service educational programs for the general public and emergency responders, their families, CISM team members and department chaplains including How to Understand Grief Seminar and Grieving Behind the Badge
NOTEWORTHY MILESTONES 2015
- we have over 2,150 subscribers to our newsletter mailings, subscribe to our newsletters
- during 2015, we published 80+ articles on our websites:
- continued success with our online Coursework in Grief program
- taught several Grieving Behind the Badge programs
- provided assistance to first responders entering treatment for addiction
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Your tax deductible donation will help the Sweeney Alliance continue to meet the goals of our Mission Statement.
Thank you for considering a donation to the Sweeney Alliance.